Aerial infrared inspections can be a powerful tool for acquiring data that can be used for effective quality control, asset management, investigations, and project documentation in Atlanta, Georgia and across the United States
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG), founded in 2002, is a leader in aerial infrared imaging and commercial building thermal inspection services. We specialize in conducting aerial inspections of assets while lowering costs and improving safety.
Utilizing our proven aerial inspection techniques, along with state of the art thermography (FLIR) equipment, our team can rapidly identify hidden damage and provide you with an independent analysis of the building’s structural integrity.
Our highly trained team of professionals provides the highest quality infrared and digital imagery in the industry. We use only high-resolution FLIR SYSTEMS thermography equipment and utilize several different camera systems, including a Zenmuse XT 640×512 resolution radiometric infrared camera, each for a specific use and calibrated for specific targets.
Uses for Aerial Infrared Thermography
Infrared inspection (or thermography) is a passive and cost-effective heat-sensing technique used to “see” and “measure” the thermal energy emitted by objects that cannot be detected by the human eye. It can be deployed in a wide range of applications that might otherwise require destructive contact, such as:
- Commercial roof inspections – Aerial infrared roof inspections are ideal for determining active roof leaks during due diligence of commercial or multi-family property acquisitions and can significantly reduce the time and expense of commercial roof inspections when compared to conventional methods. Our inspection team can quickly evaluate millions of square feet.
- Aerial tower and structure inspections – BDG provides high-resolution digital photography and infrared thermal imaging services to help maintain, build, or modify water tower structures or any other elevated structure.
- Solar panel field surveys – Regular inspections of solar panels are important for efficient power generation, long service life, and high returns on investment. Armed with our FLIR equipped commercial DJI Inspire and Matrice sUAS drones with a Zenmuse XT 640×512 resolution radiometric infrared camera system, BDG performs aerial thermal inspections, from new installations to annual inspections.
- Construction site monitoring – Building and construction site aerial drone inspections can be a simple, one-time aerial image or multiple images over a specific period. Aerial site data is collected at predetermined intervals or during specific project milestones. The data capture requires no direct interaction with the site and allows work to continue undisturbed.
- 3D construction modeling – Aerial drone images can be used to create 3D models. These photorealistic models are created by essentially stitching hundreds of photographs together. Once the model is uploaded to cloud platform, you can add comments, pinpoint areas of concern, and calculate distances and surface areas.
Building Diagnostics Group has the knowledge and ability to perform a wide range of aerial infrared inspections in Atlanta, Georgia, as well as regionally and nationwide, and can handle any size project. Please get in touch with us at (404) 946-9939 to discuss your project.