Building Diagnostics Group, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, has extensive experience in aerial infrared inspection services that can be used for monitoring and tracking the progress of construction projects and providing a top to bottom view of an entire job site.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG) is a multifaceted consulting firm. Our expertise in thermal infrared aerial imagery, or aerial infrared thermography, as well as infrared building science and water testing procedures, are invaluable to architects, builders, property developers, construction managers, insurance companies and others.
Our construction site aerial drone inspections and monitoring can provide you with a simple, one-time aerial image or multiple images over a specific period. Aerial site data is collected at predetermined intervals or during specific project milestones. The data capture requires no direct interaction with the site and allows work to continue undisturbed.
The endless applications for aerial thermography include:
- Commercial roof inspections
- Solar panel field surveys
- Construction site monitoring
- 3D construction modeling
- Tower and structure inspections
- Building energy performance surveys
- Transmission line inspections
- Topographic surveys
- Agricultural surveys
- Search and rescue missions
Each of BDG’s FLIR-equipped DJI Inspire and Matrice aerial commercial drones feature a Zenmuse XT 640×512 resolution radiometric infrared camera that is capable of producing high-resolution images and video. FLIR Systems is the world leader in thermal imaging equipment.
While most thermographers use cameras with resolutions of at least 320×240 or 76,800 pixels, BDG uses only high-resolution imagery systems that produce at least 640×480 lines of resolution (307,200 pixels), and with our advanced system, the T1020, 1024×768 lines of resolution (786,432 pixels). We are also skilled in proper image capture, data interpretation, and have extensive construction knowledge.
The FAA has granted BDG a 14 CFR 107.29 Daylight Operation Waiver. This waiver allows us to perform aerial infrared roof inspections and other nighttime missions throughout the United States.
We have the ability to thoroughly inspect building facades, roofs, solar panels, cell phone towers, water towers, wind turbines, power lines, and many other objects while maintaining a safe distance from the target.
Benefits of Aerial Site Monitoring and Documentation
Aerial site monitoring is an indispensable tool in the construction industry and enables you to:
- Track daily progress and productivity
- Collect site information faster and more safely than ever before
- Access and document areas that are difficult to reach
- Compare plans to actual progress
- Make decisions or modifications based on up-to-the-minute data
- Keep projects on track and on budget
- Observe job site safety and security in real-time
- Create precision 3D maps of your jobsites to view or export
- Document progress for stakeholders
- Limit liability and risk by documenting every step of the project
Once BDG’s investigation is completed, we will review and analyze the data and digital images we collected and compile an in-depth project report along with visual documentation of the property, including digital photographs.
If you are seeking expert aerial construction progress monitoring services in Atlanta, Georgia, Building Diagnostics Group is ready to help. Please call us at (404) 946-9939 or contact us online, and provide us with details about your project.