Infrared inspections by Building Diagnostics Group can quickly and efficiently identify water intrusion problems in your multi-family, commercial, industrial, or institutional building in Spartanburg, SC.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG), founded in Atlanta in 2002, specializes in the non-destructive detection, investigation, and resolution of water intrusions on multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings throughout the nation.
We offer services in a variety of different roles, often working with engineering firms during the due diligence process of an acquisition. We are typically the first to inspect the exterior of a property, providing insight about the overall condition and the need, if any, for additional services to complete the due diligence evaluation.
Benefits of Infrared Inspections
Infrared inspections detect temperature variations in a building envelope, providing quick and accurate detection of moisture leaks, energy loss and electrical malfunctions in walls, under floors and in other hidden places. Inspections can reveal small defects before they escalate into major crises.
- Fast & accurate detection of energy loss, moisture and electrical issues
- Advance warning of potential problems and system failures
- Non-invasive and non-destructive
- More accurate results than traditional inspections
- Minimal interference with building occupants
- Facility shutdowns not required
- Helps prevent lost production time
- Ideal for predictive maintenance of electrical, mechanical and structural systems
- Cost savings
With our proven inspection techniques and high-resolution infrared thermography, BDG can quickly identify costly hidden damage behind most facades. This provides the owner or buyer with an accurate understanding of the building’s structural integrity in order to make informed decisions.
What We Do
BDG performs field-testing procedures relative to evaluating the performance of installed windows, doors, curtain walls, sloped glazing systems, skylights, ribbon windows, and exterior building facades for quality assurance and diagnostic services to determine the cause of any water intrusions.
Infrared thermography is also a powerful investigative tool in other applications, such as:
- Interior building inspections
- Commercial roof surveys
- Aerial infrared roof inspections
- Electrical inspections
- Cell Fill (CMU) evaluations
- EIFS inspections
- Energy audits
Why Choose BDG?
BDG has performed inspection services on 300+ properties and inspected in excess of over 50 million square feet. Our services have identified significant hidden building defects that have cost from $2 million to $5 million dollars each in underlying structural repairs.
- We make the invisible visible
- No job is too large
- Skilled team of ITC Certified Level III Thermographers, Certified Indoor Environmentalists, and Certified Mold Inspectors
- 15+ years of experience in thermal imaging and reporting
- 25+ years of residential and commercial construction experience
- Forensic water intrusion testing to ASTM/AAMA standards
- FAA-authorized commercial drone remote pilots
- Cloud reporting platform
- Experts in litigation and insurance claims
Protect your property and your long-term investment with infrared inspections from Building Diagnostics Group. We provide services in Spartanburg, SC, and throughout the US. Please contact us at (888) 317-4568 to discuss your needs and obtain a free quote.