For a fraction of the cost of repairing an unexpected building system failure, Building Diagnostics Group provides professional infrared inspections in Pembroke Pines, FL that can be accomplished with virtually no disruption of everyday operations.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG), founded in 2002, specializes in the non-destructive detection, investigation, and resolution of water intrusions on multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
We offer services in several different roles, often working with engineering firms during the due diligence process of an acquisition. We are typically the first to inspect the exterior of a property, providing insight about the overall building condition and the need, if any, for additional services to complete the due diligence evaluation.
Many commercial and multi-family properties arrange for us to perform annual inspections to proactively protect their investments. We can also assist with litigation and insurance claims to either provide details as to the extent of the claim or provide bid specification for remedial actions.
Our infrared inspection services include, but are not limited to:
- Exterior building inspections – BDG can thoroughly evaluate a building’s exterior wall system for water intrusions that may have damaged the exterior sheathing and/or structural components and effectively identify potential hidden defects.
- Interior building inspections – With our extensive knowledge and use of high-resolution infrared cameras, we can quickly pinpoint the exact location of water intrusions with little or no dismantling of the premises and minimal disturbance of the occupants.
- Commercial roof surveys – Infrared roof inspections are a non-contact and non-destructive method of finding active roof leaks before they break through and drip down a wall or onto a floor below. BDG’s inspections are fast, affordable, and provide a clear picture of damaged areas. We pinpoint problem areas in need of repair to help you avoid expensive roof replacements. Our team can evaluate up to 300,000 SF of roof area in a single visit via our walk-over method, or evaluate millions of square feet by utilizing our aerial sUAS service.
- Cell Fill (CMU) evaluations – Concrete Masonry Walls (CMU), commonly referred to as concrete block walls, are not structurally sound without proper rebar and grouting. Infrared technology is the most effective tool for surveying a masonry wall to detect deficiencies in the structural components.
- Energy audits – Infrared thermography provides a unique opportunity to identify and address areas where heat loss and moisture intrusion are negatively impacting building performance. BDG’s energy audits are the fastest and most effective non-destructive method of assessing the energy efficiency of residential and commercial structures and HVAC systems.
- Electrical inspections – As electrical faults develop, the electrical resistance of the offending item (switch, fuse, connections, breaker, etc.) will increase, leading to a corresponding increase in temperature until the item finally fails. Infrared inspections will help you eliminate unplanned downtime due to equipment failure, spend less on “reactive” maintenance fees and repair costs, and extend the lifespan of machine assets.
Whether you are a property owner, property or facilities manager, or real estate investor in Pembroke Pines, FL, infrared inspection services from Building Diagnostics Group provide an invaluable component to your building diagnostics and preventative maintenance program. Get in touch with us at (888) 317-4568 to explore our services.