Building Diagnostics Group provides the most comprehensive infrared inspections available today in Fort Worth, TX for multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG), headquartered in Atlanta, GA, offers vast experience in the non-destructive detection, investigation, and resolution of water intrusions. Robert Scherer, President, is certified in Advanced Building Diagnostics and is an ITC Certified Level III Thermographer with more than 15 years of experience in infrared inspections and a wide range of other applications.
We can work with you during the due diligence process of an acquisition. We are also used in litigation and insurance claims to either provide details as to the extent of the claim or provide bid specification for remedial actions. Many commercial and multi-family properties contract us to perform annual inspections to proactively protect their investment.
Our infrared inspection services include, but are not limited to:
- Exterior building inspections – BDG can thoroughly evaluate a building’s exterior wall system for water intrusions that may have damaged the exterior sheathing and/or structural components and effectively identify potential hidden defects.
- Interior building inspections – With our extensive knowledge and use of high-resolution infrared cameras, we can quickly pinpoint the exact location of water intrusions with little or no physical disassembly of the premises and with minimal disturbance to the occupants.
- Commercial roof surveys – Infrared roof inspections are a non-contact and non-destructive testing method of finding active roof leaks before they break through and drip down a wall or onto a floor below. Our inspections are fast, affordable, and provide a clear picture of damaged areas. We pinpoint problem areas in need of repair to help you avoid expensive roof replacements. We can evaluate up to 300,000 SF of roof area in a single visit via our walk-over method, or evaluate millions of square feet with our aerial drone service.
- Cell Fill (CMU) evaluations – Concrete Masonry Walls (CMU), commonly called concrete block walls, are not structurally sound without proper rebar and grouting. Infrared technology is the most effective tool for surveying a masonry wall to detect deficiencies in the structural components.
- EIFS inspections – Moisture retention and leaks behind walls, over ceilings, and under floors is often impossible to detect until the problem is serious and visible to the naked eye. BDG’s water infiltration analysis, pre-purchase and construction services provide moisture analysis of any structure with exterior insulating finish systems (EIFS) or stucco cladding to find excessive moisture content in the structural cavities and framing.
- Energy audits – Infrared thermography provides a unique opportunity to identify and address areas where heat loss and moisture intrusion are negatively impacting building performance. BDG’s energy audits are the fastest and most effective non-destructive method of assessing the energy efficiency of residential and commercial structures and HVAC systems.
- Electrical inspections – Infrared thermography can help you minimize damage to electrical systems by rapidly identifying problems and enabling you to document and correct potential safety hazards and prevent operation failures before they become more serious and more expensive to repair.
Whether you are a property owner, property or facilities manager, or real estate investor in Fort Worth, TX, infrared inspections by Building Diagnostics Group provide an invaluable component to your building diagnostics and preventative maintenance program. Contact us at (888) 317-4568 to learn more about our services.