Utilizing Building Diagnostic Group’s proven thermal infrared aerial imagery techniques and state of the art thermography (FLIR) equipment, our team can rapidly identify hidden damage in your Charlotte, North Carolina building and provide you with an independent analysis of its structural integrity.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG) is an industry leader in water intrusion diagnostic services on multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings across the nation. Our expertise in infrared building science and water testing procedures enables us to identify the cause and origin of most building failures.
We are fully insured FAA Authorized Commercial sUAS Remote Pilots with four DJI Inspire and Matrice aircraft that are equipped with high-resolution FLIR camera systems. The drones feature a Zenmuse XT 640×512 resolution radiometric infrared camera that is capable of producing 20+ megapixel images and full 4K videos.
Our highly trained team of professionals includes Certified Thermographers, Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH), and other engineering/architectural specialists that enable us to provide the most comprehensive non-destructive building investigations available today.
BDG offers services in several different roles. We often work with engineering firms during the due diligence process of an acquisition. We are typically the first to inspect the exterior of a property, providing insight about the overall condition and the need, if any, for additional services to complete the due diligence evaluation.
Many commercial and multi-family properties arrange for us to perform annual inspections to proactively protect their investments. We can also assist with litigation and insurance claims to either provide details as to the extent of the claim or provide bid specification for remedial actions.
Our wide range of aerial services include:
- Aerial infrared roof inspections to detect and document areas of moisture for further investigation and proper repair recommendations.
- Aerial infrared solar panel inspections to validate new installations and aging infrastructures and identify defective or damaged panels to help maintain maximum operational output, long service life, and high returns on investment.
- Aerial infrared tower and structure inspections and high-resolution digital photography to help maintain, build, or modify water towers, cell towers, wind turbines, and other elevated structures.
- Aerial construction site monitoring to collect site data at predetermined intervals or during specific project milestones for analysis by construction managers and owners.
- 3D Construction Modeling to create photorealistic 3D models of job sites by stitching hundreds of photographs together to perform cut/fill analysis, calculate surface and volume measurements, and build design surfaces.
The FAA has granted BDG a 14 CFR 107.29 Daylight Operation Waiver. This waiver allows us to perform aerial infrared roof inspections and other nighttime missions throughout the United States.
For additional information about how to protect your assets with our thermal infrared aerial imagery services in Charlotte, North Carolina, or to receive a quote, get in touch with Building Diagnostics Group at (888) 317-4568 to discuss your project.