When you are concerned about the structural integrity of a building in Atlanta, Georgia, thermal infrared aerial imagery performed by Building Diagnostics Group can help reduce your long-term building maintenance costs and reduce liability.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG) is a multifaceted consulting firm that specializes in the non-destructive detection, investigation, and resolution of water intrusions on multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings across the nation. Our expertise in infrared building science and water testing procedures enables us to identify the cause and origin of most building failures.
What is Infrared Thermography?
Infrared thermography (IR) is the science of infrared imaging.
Infrared radiation is emitted by all objects, and the amount of radiation increases with temperature. Thermographic cameras detect this radiation in a way similar to the way an ordinary camera detects visible light. The radiation is converted into visible high-resolution images that make it possible to “see” variations in temperature with or without visible illumination.
It has become increasingly common today to use aerial drones, or small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS), for high-resolution infrared thermography, especially for building inspections during due diligence of commercial or multi-family property acquisitions.
At BDG, we are FAA Authorized Commercial sUAS Remote Drone Pilots with a current inventory of four aircraft specially equipped with high-resolution FLIR camera systems. The aircraft feature a Zenmuse XT 640×512 resolution radiometric infrared camera that is capable of producing high-resolution images and video.
Uses for Aerial Infrared Thermography
Aerial infrared thermography by BDG is a powerful non-invasive tool for a wide range of applications that might otherwise require destructive contact, including:
- Commercial roof inspections – Aerial sUAS thermal infrared roof inspections are ideal for determining active roof leaks during due diligence of commercial or multi-family property acquisitions and can significantly reduce the time and expense of commercial roof inspections when compared to conventional methods. This service does not require roof access or disruption to the occupants of the building. Our team can quickly evaluate millions of square feet.
- Solar panel field surveys – Regular inspections of solar panels are important for efficient power generation, long service life, and high returns on investment. Armed with our FLIR equipped commercial DJI Inspire and Matrice sUAS drones with a Zenmuse XT 640×512 resolution radiometric infrared camera system, BDG performs aerial thermal inspections, from new installations to annual inspections.
- Aerial tower and structure inspections – BDG provides high-resolution digital photography and infrared thermal imaging services to help maintain, build, or modify water tower structures or any other elevated structure.
- 3D construction modeling – Aerial drone images can be used to create 3D models. These photorealistic models are created by essentially stitching hundreds of photographs together. Once the model is uploaded to cloud platform, you can add comments, pinpoint areas of concern, and calculate distances and surface areas.
- Construction site monitoring – Building and construction site aerial drone inspections can be a simple, one-time aerial image or multiple images over a specific period. Aerial site data is collected at predetermined intervals or during specific project milestones. The data capture requires no direct interaction with the site and allows work to continue undisturbed.
Building Diagnostics Group is an industry leader in water intrusion diagnostic services. If you are interested in more information about our thermal infrared aerial imagery services in Atlanta, Georgia, or would like a quote, please get in touch with us at (404) 946-9939 to discuss your project.