Take advantage of aerial infrared services from Building Diagnostics Group to assess the structural integrity of a building during due diligence of your commercial and multi-family property acquisitions.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG), founded in 2002 in Atlanta, Georgia, is a multifaceted consulting firm that specializes in the non-destructive detection, investigation, and resolution of water intrusions on multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings throughout the nation.
BDG is an industry leader in aerial infrared imaging and commercial building thermal inspection services. Our expertise in infrared building science and water testing procedures enables us to identify the cause and origin of most building failures.
Our highly trained team of professionals includes Certified Thermographers, Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH), and other engineering/architectural specialists that enable us to provide the most comprehensive non-destructive building investigations available today.
What is Aerial Infrared Inspection?
Infrared thermography (IR) is the use of specialized equipment to measure the thermal energy emitted from an object. Thermal energy is light that is not visible because its wavelength is too long to be detected by the human eye. Unlike visible light, in the infrared world, everything with a temperature above absolute zero emits heat.
Aerial infrared thermography is a powerful non-invasive tool for a wide range of applications that might otherwise require destructive contact, including:
- Aerial infrared roof inspections
- Aerial infrared solar panel inspections
- Aerial infrared tower and structure inspections
- Aerial construction site monitoring
- 3D Construction Modeling
For fast, reliable infrared inspection from the air, BDG’s team of FAA Authorized Commercial Drone Remote Pilots utilize unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) that are specially equipped with FLIR SYSTEMS’ Zenmuse XT 640×512 radiometric infrared camera systems and capable of producing high-resolution images and video. FLIR is the world’s leader in infrared technology.
Why Choose Building Diagnostics Group?
- Nationwide services
- New installations and annual inspections
- No job too large
- Certified thermographers
- Over 15 years of experience in thermal imaging and reporting
- More than 50 million square feet inspected
- Four specially equipped drones with top of the line high-resolution FLIR infrared camera systems
- FAA-authorized for nighttime aerial operations with an approved Daylight Operation Waiver under 14 CFR § 107.29
- Roof inspections conducted according to the ASTM C1153 “Standard Practice for Location of Wet Insulation in Roofing Systems Using Infrared Imaging”
- Tramex Dec Scanner™ detects as little as 3% moisture content in most roof systems and moisture up to 3 inches below the roof surface
- Cloud reporting platform
BDG can work with you during the due diligence process of an acquisition. We are also used in litigation and insurance claims to either provide details as to the extent of the claim or provide bid specification for remedial actions. Many commercial and multi-family properties contract us to perform annual inspections to proactively protect their investment.
As a multifaceted consulting firm, Building Diagnostics Group is ready to put our aerial infrared services to work for your application. To receive a quote or additional information, please get in touch with us at (888) 317-4568 and tell us about your project.