Building Diagnostics Group (BDG) is an industry leader in water intrusion diagnostic services. We have the experience, equipment, and trained certified thermographers to provide fast and affordable thermal infrared roof inspection services on multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings across the nation.
It is estimated that up to 40 percent of all commercial roofs will develop leaks within the first year of service. The average life span of these roofs is seven to 10 years, but they can last as long as 20 years when correctly installed and properly maintained. Commercial roof maintenance is a vital part of keeping your property investment performing for you.
BDG can easily detect failures in low slope commercial roof systems. Using our proven inspection techniques along with high-resolution infrared thermography, we can quickly scan large areas of a roof from a distance and identify active leaks and costly hidden damage.
Why Choose BDG?
- Nationwide services
- Over 15 years of experience in thermal imaging and reporting
- Over 50 million square feet inspected
- FAA Authorized Commercial sUAS Remote Pilots, Certified Thermographers, Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH), and other engineering/architectural specialists who can handle any size project
- Four aircraft specially equipped with top of the line high-resolution FLIR camera systems
- FAA-authorized to perform nighttime aerial operations with an approved Daylight Operation Waiver under 14 CFR § 107.29
- All infrared roof inspections conducted according to the ASTM C1153 “Standard Practice for Location of Wet Insulation in Roofing Systems Using Infrared Imaging”
- Tramex Dec Scanner™ can detect as little as 3% moisture content in most roof systems as well as moisture up to 3 inches below the roof surface
- No job too large
- We make the invisible visible
Our Roof Inspection Services
BDG offers several types of roof inspection services depending on the roof type, location, and client needs. Our team can evaluate up to 300,000 SF of roof area in a single visit via our walk-over method, or evaluate millions of square feet by utilizing our aerial sUAS service.
Our visual photographic inspection uses professional grade infrared camera equipment to capture high-resolution digital images. These images can be provided in a traditional PDF report format that outlines concerns found during the inspection and recommendations for proper repairs. They can also be uploaded to our cloud reporting platform that can produce a large format stitched image or a 3D model that can easily be annotated, measured, and shared with other construction managers, building owners, or the appropriate repair personnel.
Our aerial sUAS (small unmanned aircraft systems) thermal infrared roof inspections are ideal for determining active roof leaks during due diligence of commercial or multi-family property acquisitions and can significantly reduce the time and expense of commercial roof inspections when compared to conventional methods. This service does not require roof access or disruption to the occupants of the building. Our team can evaluate millions of square feet utilizing this aerial service.
Not all roof damage is visible to the naked eye. When you need complete and accurate thermal infrared roof inspection services, give Building Diagnostics Group a call at (888) 317-4568 or contact us online to discuss your needs.