Building Diagnostics Group has the expertise to perform a Property Condition Assessment on your commercial property in Salt Lake City, Utah. We often work with engineering firms during the due diligence process of an acquisition and perform annual inspections to proactively protect clients’ investments.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a multifaceted consulting firm. Our proficiency in infrared building science and water testing procedures, as well as thermal infrared aerial imagery, are invaluable to architects, builders, property developers, construction managers, insurance companies and others.
Thermography provides a means for viewing building systems under normal operating conditions to identify abnormally warm or cool areas that indicate moisture intrusion, insulation deficiencies and other energy losses. Our state-of-the-art technology and skilled team of professional thermographers combine to produce inspections of the highest quality.
When you enlist the services of BDG, you will benefit from a team of highly trained of professionals, including ITC Certified Level III Thermographers, Certified Indoor Environmentalists, Certified Mold Inspectors and other engineering/architectural specialists. Our skills and training allow us to provide the most comprehensive non-destructive building investigations available today.
Our wide range of infrared inspection services includes:
- Exterior building inspections
- Interior building inspections
- Commercial roof surveys
- Aerial infrared roof inspections
- Cell Fill (CMU) evaluations
- EIFS inspections
- Energy audits
- Electrical inspections
What Are the Benefits of a Property Condition Assessment?
A Property Condition Assessment (PCA) is an inspection of an asset that identifies any physical defects and deferred maintenance issues that could potentially affect its value.
PCAs of commercial buildings can help investors, sellers, lenders, and other stakeholders:
- Reveal design, construction and deferred maintenance issues, including structural issues, code violations, poor quality or workmanship, and inadequate systems
- Make informed purchasing decisions
- Fully assess risks associated with the property
- Negotiate a more favorable price when major deficiencies are uncovered
- Obtain concessions from the seller
- Estimate the cost of repairs and replacements
- Refine future cash flow projections
- Reduce the building’s overall energy consumption
- Mitigate exposure to future liability
- Reduce insurance premium costs
For each deficiency found during a PCA, clients receive a report that fully describes the concerns or defects found during the inspection, with photo documentation and an estimate of repair costs. Inspection reports can be customized to meet a client’s requirements based on how the report will be used and its intended audience.
Building Diagnostics Group performs Property Condition Assessments to ASTM standards and can customize them to meet the needs of clients in Salt Lake City, Utah and elsewhere in the nation. Get in touch with us at (888) 317-4568 or contact us online to discuss the details of your project.