Infrared inspections can detect issues in your Irving, TX building, including damaged or missing insulation, poor mechanical or structural design, and deteriorated or damaged facades that are responsible for energy losses and material failures.
Founded in 2002, Building Diagnostics Group (BDG), a multifaceted consulting firm, specializes in the non-destructive detection, investigation, and resolution of water intrusions on multi-family, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. We can handle any size project.
What Infrared Thermography Can Do
Infrared thermography provides a means for viewing building systems under normal operating conditions and identifying abnormally warm or cool areas that indicate insulation deficiencies, moisture intrusion, and other energy losses. It is a passive and cost-effective heat-sensing technique used to “see” and “measure” the thermal energy emitted by objects that the human eye cannot detect.
Thermography also easily detects water penetrating a building envelope due to the thermal differences between wet building materials and the adjacent dry materials.
The basic causes of moisture intrusion into buildings are:
- Rainwater/groundwater intrusion: In both hot, humid and temperate climates, rainwater leaks and groundwater infiltration are major sources of building moisture and mold-related problems.
- Intrusion of moisture-laden air from outside: Humid air from outside can be introduced into building cavities by wind and through HVAC systems. This can be a particularly serious problem in hot, humid climates.
- Water vapor diffusion: Differential vapor pressure between the interior and exterior of a building can cause water vapor to diffuse through the building envelope. This can be a significant problem in cold climates.
BDG performs field-testing procedures relative to evaluating the performance of installed windows, doors, storefront, curtain walls, sloped glazing systems, skylights, ribbon windows, and exterior building facades for new construction quality assurance and diagnostic services to determine the cause of water intrusions.
BDG’s Comprehensive Services
Our infrared inspection services include, but are not limited to:
- Exterior building inspections – BDG can thoroughly evaluate a building’s exterior wall system for water intrusions that may have damaged the exterior sheathing and/or structural components and effectively identify potential hidden defects.
- Interior building inspections – With our extensive knowledge and use of high-resolution infrared cameras, we can quickly pinpoint the exact location of interior water intrusions with little or no physical disassembly of the premises and with minimal disturbance to the occupants.
- Commercial roof surveys – Infrared roof inspections are a non-destructive testing method of finding active roof leaks before they break through and drip down a wall or onto a floor below. Our inspections are fast, affordable, and provide a clear picture of damaged areas.
- Energy audits – Infrared thermography can identify and address areas where heat loss and moisture intrusion are negatively impacting building performance. Our energy audits are the fastest and most effective non-destructive method of assessing the energy efficiency of residential and commercial structures and HVAC systems.
Building Diagnostics Group has the expertise to conduct a wide range of infrared building inspections in Irving, TX, and nationwide. Please contact us at (888) 317-4568 to discuss your project requirements and get a free quote.