Building Diagnostics Group has the knowledge and ability to perform infrared inspections in Centennial, CO, as well as regionally and nationwide, and can handle any size project. Let us put our services to work for you.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG) is a consulting firm that specializes in infrared building science and water testing procedures that enable us to identify the cause and origin of most building failures.
Robert Scherer, President of BDG, has over 25 years of residential and commercial construction experience. In 2000, he was introduced to the incredible potential of infrared thermography in the building construction industry and purchased his first infrared camera, the first in southwest Florida.
Robert became a pioneer in the field of moisture intrusion and building defect investigations with the use of infrared thermography. He is a Certified Indoor Environmentalist, Certified Mold Inspector, an ITC Certified Level III Thermographer with over 15 years of thermography experience, and is certified in Advanced Building Diagnostics.
Benefits of Infrared Inspections
Infrared inspections detect temperature variations in a building envelope, providing quick and accurate detection of moisture leaks, energy loss and electrical malfunctions in walls, under floors and in other hidden places. Inspections can reveal small defects before they escalate into major crises.
- Fast & accurate detection of energy loss, moisture and electrical issues
- Advance warning of potential problems and system failures
- Non-invasive and non-destructive
- More accurate results than traditional inspections
- Minimal interference with building occupants
- Facility shutdowns not required
- Helps prevent lost production time
- Ideal for predictive maintenance of electrical, mechanical and structural systems
- Cost savings
With our proven inspection techniques and high-resolution infrared thermography, BDG can quickly identify costly hidden damage behind most facades. This provides the owner or buyer with an accurate understanding of the building’s structural integrity in order to make informed decisions.
BDG’s Inspection Services
Our infrared inspection services include, but are not limited to:
- Exterior building inspections – BDG can thoroughly evaluate a building’s exterior wall system for water intrusions that may have damaged the exterior sheathing and/or structural components and effectively identify potential hidden defects.
- Interior building inspections – With our extensive knowledge and use of high-resolution infrared cameras, we can quickly pinpoint the exact location of interior water intrusions with little or no physical disassembly of the premises and with minimal disturbance to the occupants.
- Commercial roof surveys – Infrared roof inspections are a non-destructive testing method of finding active roof leaks before they break through and drip down a wall or onto a floor below. Our inspections are fast, affordable, and provide a clear picture of damaged areas.
- Energy audits – Infrared thermography can identify and address areas where heat loss and moisture intrusion are negatively impacting building performance. Our energy audits are the fastest and most effective non-destructive method of assessing the energy efficiency of residential and commercial structures and HVAC systems.
If you are looking for infrared inspection companies to handle your project in Centennial, CO, and want to know more about our services, please get in touch with Building Diagnostics Group at (888) 317-4568 to discuss your requirements. We would be happy to provide a free quote.