As a multifaceted consulting firm, Building Diagnostics Group performs infrared inspection services, aerial thermography, water penetration testing, and other services to clients in Nashville, Tennessee and throughout the nation.
Building Diagnostics Group (BDG) offers vast experience in the non-destructive detection, investigation, and resolution of water intrusions. Robert Scherer, President, is certified in Advanced Building Diagnostics and is an ITC Certified Level III Thermographer with more than 15 years of thermography experience in a wide range of applications.
BDG’s highly trained team of professionals provides the highest quality infrared and digital imagery in the industry. We use only high-resolution FLIR SYSTEMS thermography equipment and utilize several different camera systems, including a Zenmuse XT 640×512 resolution radiometric infrared camera, each for a specific use and calibrated for specific targets.
Our infrared inspection services include, but are not limited to:
- Exterior building inspections – BDG can thoroughly evaluate a building’s exterior wall system for water intrusions that may have damaged the exterior sheathing and/or structural components and effectively identify potential hidden defects.
- Interior building inspections – With our extensive knowledge and use of high resolution infrared cameras, we can quickly pinpoint the exact location of water intrusions with little or no physical disassembly of the premises and with minimal disturbance to the occupants.
- Commercial roof surveys – Infrared roof inspections are a non-contact and non-destructive testing method of finding active roof leaks before they break through and drip down a wall or onto a floor below. BDG’s inspections are fast, affordable, and provide a clear picture of damaged areas. We pinpoint problem areas in need of repair to help you avoid expensive roof replacements. Our team can evaluate up to 300,000 SF of roof area in a single visit via our walk-over method, or evaluate millions of square feet by utilizing our aerial sUAS service.
- Cell Fill (CMU) evaluations – Concrete Masonry Walls (CMU), commonly referred to as concrete block walls, are not structurally sound without proper rebar and grouting. Infrared technology is the most effective tool for surveying a masonry wall to detect deficiencies in the structural components.
- EIFS inspections – Moisture retention and leaks behind walls, over ceilings, and under floors is often impossible to detect until the problem is serious and visible to the naked eye. BDG’s water infiltration analysis, pre-purchase and construction services provide moisture analysis of any structure with exterior insulating finish systems (EIFS) or stucco cladding to find excessive moisture content in the structural cavities and framing.
- Energy audits – Infrared thermography provides a unique opportunity to identify and address areas where heat loss and moisture intrusion are negatively impacting building performance. BDG’s energy audits are the fastest and most effective non-destructive method of assessing the energy efficiency of residential and commercial structures and HVAC systems.
- Electrical inspections – Infrared thermography can help you minimize damage to electrical systems by rapidly identifying problems and enabling you to document and correct potential safety hazards and prevent operation failures before they become more serious and more expensive to repair.
Building Diagnostics Group has the knowledge and ability to perform a wide range of infrared inspection services in Nashville, Tennessee, regionally, and nationwide, and can handle any size project. Please get in touch with us at (888) 317-4568 to discuss your project.